Monday, July 2, 2007

"Around and Over the Hudson"

Yesterday was the 5BBC Sunday ride "Around and Over the Hudson". We took the Staten Island Ferry, rode to the Bayonne Bridge and over into NJ where we rode up along the river. A stop at the old Lackwanna RR terminal was interesting. We rode up the river through Hoboken. It was nice to see Stevens Tech again, I haven't been back since I took the qualifying exam for the PhD over 2 years ago. While Ed DeFreitas and a couple others bought hot dogs at the ball field and watched a little league game the rest of us went 2 blocks over to Washington St. for real resturants. There's nothing kosher in Hoboken except Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and I hadn''t brought lunch for some reason which escapes me so I had a dish of Cherry Garcia and sat outside and chatted with another rider who had also opted for dessert in lieu of lunch. Then it was off along the river and up the big hill to the bridge, across and then down the greenway where I split off to go home when we got to 86th st.

I made new acquaintances, we'll see if any of them get in touch to ride together. A really nice day for a ride, not too hot with little wind and puffy white clouds in a nice blue summer sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment