Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kosher BBQ Ride 6/7/2009

On June 7, a group of intrepid NYCC cyclists along with my friends Jim Z. and Ed D. joined me for a ride of some 40 miles from Manhattan through Queens then onto the LIE service road, at which point I picked up the pace a little. After our rest stop, someone asked me to "crank it" so we could make up some time. I did, but at 18 mph cruising I got too far ahead of the group. I stopped and took this photo as they caught up, then we proceeded together at a more moderate pace.

We headed out to my Mom's in Dix Hills
where we enjoyed a kosher BBQ of burgers and hot dogs and knishes and more grilled up by my brother Ken. A lovely time was had by all thanks to my Mom and my brother.

After lunch, I took the group back to Hicksville station at a slower pace to keep the group together. At that point, most of the riders got on the LIRR. One NYCC B-SIG graduate, Erica, and I headed up Rt. 107 to the LIE service where we cranked it up to 18 mph until we hit traffic in western Nassau (apparently there was some problem on the LIE so a large number of cars got off onto the service road). We made our way to Queens and then found our way onto the Queens Greenway at Creedmor and eventually to the F train at Hillside and 179th just about a half-hour before sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment