Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Polar Pancakes

 
 
Been very busy with work. Some catching up. I tend to put more short updates on Facebook.

Jan 1st ride went off this year as an NYCC-only ride. Ed Defreitas co-lead with me again. A good time was had by all in our small group and pancakes at Garden of Eatin. The weather was reasonably cooperative. I used my new silk base layer (silk glove liners, silk sock liners, silk long underwear). With my GoreTex jacket to stop the wind and provide some insulation, the Perl Izumi Winter Slice jersey and my regular uninsulated long sleeve jersey kept my upper body warm. I used my Cannondale Carbon lE bib tights and wool socks in my Answer Kashmir winter cycling boots. With a set of knit (Perl Izumi) glove liners, the Perl Izumi AmFib gloves were ok.

The scene at Coney Island was quite entertaining. I got out on the beach and took some photos of the folks in the water. There was a wide diversity of people.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment